Oblivion is an upcoming science fiction thriller film based on the Radical Comics graphic novel Oblivion by Joseph Kosinski and directed and co-produced by Kosinski. It stars Tom Cruise, Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Morgan Freeman, Melissa Leo, Zoë Bell and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. The film was initially scheduled to release on July 10, 2013. Since the 3D re-release of Jurassic Park was set for a July 19, 2013 release date, the project was moved forward to April 19, 2013.
The film will be released exclusively in IMAX on April 12, 2013, one week ahead of its wide release.
Jack Harper (Cruise) is one of the last few drone repairmen stationed on Earth. Part of a massive operation to extract vital resources after decades of war with a terrifying threat known as the Scavs, Jack’s mission is nearly complete.
Living in and patrolling the skies from thousands of feet above, his soaring existence is brought crashing down when he rescues an attractive female stranger from a downed spacecraft. Her arrival triggers a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands.
- Tom Cruise as Commander Jack Harper, one of the last remaining men on an uninhabited Earth. He repairs the drones which patrol the skies and protect the planet from warring aliens
- Olga Kurylenko as Julia Rusakova
- Andrea Riseborough as Victoria
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Sykes, a battle-hardened, intelligent and highly athletic military weapons expert
- Morgan Freeman as Malcolm Beech, a resistance leader stationed on Earth
- Melissa Leo as Sally
- Zoë Bell as Kara